Membership & Events Manager
Membership and Events Manager supports our membership, business leaders, economic support, and tourism. Driven to uncover new resources for events, revenue and community support, the Membership and Events Manager will:
- Be an open communicator who can build and maintain relationships with people at all levels and has a proven track record of sales.
- Identify new opportunities from sponsorships of programs, events, and other branding platforms, and connecting membership or community leaders
- Communicate effectively with the membership on needs, ideas, and opportunities.
- Be enthusiastic, creative, professional, and well organized.
- Be an excellent communicator capable of functioning well in an independent environment.
S/he is responsible to the Executive Director for the above summary in addition to Business Development, Membership Relations, Organizational Management and Tourism and Community events detailed below.
Membership Relations (45%)
A foundation for membership engagement and revenue opportunities to the Executive Director, the Membership and Events Manager will:
• Create dynamic social media and Public Relations opportunities for each of our current members, for example a rotation of paid advertising 12 per week with xx amount of promotion to xx members.
• Tailor campaigns to each member to increase membership participation and set up an upgrade program for revenue generation.
• Promote the benefits of membership in the Pullman Chamber of Commerce to multiple platforms and avenues, such as social media (Linked In, Instagram, Facebook), local news media, public speaking opportunities, and print opportunities such as (articles, advertising and promotional events). All endeavors are to be documented and reported to the Board monthly with a detail of the ROI if no membership has been actualized within that time frame.
• Nurture partnerships with other organizations that creates and engages a benefit for members of the Pullman Chamber of Commerce. e.g.. WSU, AWB, Port of Whitman County, WCCE, area Chambers of Commerce, City of Pullman, and Whitman County Commissioners.
• Be a creative resource to the community on issues that affect members ability to work, live, and do business profitably in Pullman.
• Communicate in a clear, timely and professional manner with all membership, community leaders, and Board Members.
Tourism and Community Events (40%)
S/he will execute all event preparation, utilizing both staff and volunteers to carry out event objectives. The Membership and Events Manager will utilize community support as well a sponsorship for events as needed. Each new and existing event must include a budget and receive approval from the Board of Directors. Grant writing may also be necessary for new or existing events in the future. In addition to this foundation, the Membership and Events
• Execute, with your team, tourism events and promotional activities in conjunction with the Pullman Chamber Board.
• Ensure each new and existing event must include a budget and receive approval from the Board of Directors. Grant writing may also be necessary for new or existing events in the future.
• Professionally represent the Pullman Chamber of Commerce in various local, regional, or state tourism activities and leverage our association with these efforts to promote Pullman and our members.
• Support the Visitors Center that advocates local products, activities, events, and businesses.
• Ensure that the distribution (electronically and/or physically) various tourism brochures and the local visitor’s guide in collaboration with staff and various business partners and data collection thereof is processed
• Be a proponent for tourism in collaboration with the City of Pullman.
• Plan and execute functions including Cabaret, Fourth of July, and Lentil Festival.
• Assist with the advocation and implementation of attractive volunteer opportunities that provide resources for the Pullman Chamber of Commerce events and activities.
• Be an advocate for our Pullman tourism objectives and consistently communicate the benefits.
• Develop programs that enhance the opportunities for our community and businesses.
• Be a positive and professional leader in our community.
Business Development (10%)
The driver in engagement for membership and events for the Pullman Chamber of Commerce,
Membership and Events Manager will:
• Support of professional partnerships for our members that utilizes their expertise to leverage the interests of the Chamber of Commerce.
• Collaborate and market economic development opportunities for Pullman and the surrounding area
• Support ED in actively recruiting and promoting businesses to Pullman and partner with the region’s leading drivers, such SEL, EMSI, PUW airport and WSU, leadership programs, such as Young Professionals (YP)
• Maximize retention of current businesses and enhance opportunities to market the Chamber of Commerce
• Reinforce the economic development activities of the Pullman Chamber of Commerce.
Organizational Management (5%)
The Membership and Events Manager supports all Chamber events and supporting the Visitor
Center as needed. The Membership and Events Manager will:
• Adhere to the annual strategic plan in conjunction with the Board of Directors and Committee Chairs for the growth of the Chamber of Commerce and community.
• Meet the annual budget with regards to membership and events in conjunction with the Budget Committee and/or Board of Directors.
• Work cooperatively with appointed City of Pullman tourism representative.
• Ensure that all volunteers and activities are professional and efficient. In collaboration with and approval of the Executive Director, the Membership and Events Manager will manage all aspects of Chamber of Commerce events, event contractors and volunteers.
• Report in detail all future, present and past events to the Chamber Board of Directors.
• Adhere to bylaws and maintenance of timely and accurate official records such as: agendas, minutes, bylaws, resolutions, grants, contracts.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Pullman Chamber of Commerce
attn: Marie Dymkoski
415 N Grand Ave
Pullman, WA 99163
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Position open until filled.